Sentis is a market research and business consulting company based in downtown Vancouver. We help
clients understand their customers, competitors and employees. We work with private and public
sector clients across a range of industry sectors. Our projects start with research:
quantitative or qualitative, online, in-person, or by phone. But we do more than just summarize
facts and figures; we interpret the results and help our clients make better decisions.
We're looking for someone who...
Has a bachelor's or master's degree in the social sciences or marketing-related field, or is
very close to completing one. (Those with advanced degrees are welcome to apply, but
remember this is an entry-level position).
May have some work experience in marketing and public opinion research but not necessarily
so. If you're curious, enthusiastic and have learned some of the basics of marketing and
public opinion research through schoolwork or volunteering you should apply. (Yes, we
understand that you can't get experience without getting a job).
Seeks the company of other friendly, motivated people who work together and celebrate
successes as a team.
What you'll do here...
- Participate in sessions with team members to define project objectives and goals
- Support team members by managing multiple projects to ensure on-time, error-free delivery
- Review and edit questionnaires, online surveys, reports and proposals
- Program questionnaires into our online survey platform
- Ensure standards for quality control, data confidentiality and privacy are implemented
- Analyze and interpret data
- Assist in the production of reports and presentations
Things that the successful candidate will also have...
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of market research fundamentals, including sampling, surveying and data
interpretation (experience using SPSS or other statistical packages is a good thing)
- A keen eye for detail – an obsession with accuracy comes in very handy here
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to write and communicate clearly
- A sense of humour
Still interested? Email your resume to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. No need for a cover letter. But we would like you to answer
this question in your email: "Is there anything that you find particularly interesting about the
prospect of working at Sentis? If yes, what?"